Sunday, April 25, 2010

To Tablet, or not to Tablet...

Stopped by Best Buy last night and tried out the iPad. I was extremely amazed at how fun it was. The racing game that was on there was very responsive and in HD. By far my favorite feature was the book functionality. Too see all your books as cover images on a book shelf was tantalizing. Being able to highlight a word and bring up a definition and copy text into a notepad also very cool. However, until we can go to a library and scan bar codes to transfer the book onto there, it's not extremely useful; yet.

Another downfall is that it's Apple. One of my own personal preferences; don't buy anything Apple. Not because of a bad experience, just my own stubbornness. When the iPod craze hit and everything was iSomethingorOther, it just annoyed me. I just feel uncomfortable conforming to the masses.

Two other things of note: (1) Google is working on a tablet with the Android OS, and I'm perfectly comfortable jumping on their bandwagon; (2) I'm waiting on the release of Sprint's HTC EVO 4G. While the EVO is comparable in price to the tablets, and money doesn't grow on trees, it's only one or the other. And my HTC Touch Pro is getting tired. More to follow in the future on the EVO, as that will be the obvious choice for me before summer's out...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?